At Lanham Christian, students in grades 6th – 12th, who maintain a minimum a unweighted 2.5 GPA, are eligible to try out and participate in sports teams.
LC currently offers four sports: Volleyball, Soccer, Cheerleading, and Basketball. Each sport takes place during a specific season:
Fall (beginning in August)
- Girls Volleyball
- Co-Ed Soccer
Winter (beginning in November)
- Basketball (Varsity High School, Middle School Boys, and Girls Varsity)
All students who meet the following are able to participate in LCS sports:
- Students are members of 6th – 12th grade classes
- Students maintain a unweighted 2.5 GPA (2.2 weighted)
- Students have a current physical from designated physician(s)
- Students have turned in a signed copy of 2019-2020 Lanham Student Athlete Contract no later than the first season game
Athletic College Tours
In November, our Boys’ Basketball team had a College Tour to visit the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
The Boys Varsity Basketball Team took a trip to the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore where they met with UMES Adminstration, Enrollment Staff, UMES Basketball Coaches, and recieved information on the Majors of their interest.